Valid LetsEncrypt Cert - but no Https happiness

kenden

Feb 10, 2024
The pve node obtains valid certificates from letsencrypt via DNS challenge using cloudflare plugin. However the reload for proxmox is not secure and indicates the certificate is not valid. It is issued by CN R3, Organization Lets Encrypt.

I am not sure what I am missing.

Cloudflare has the A record pointing to my ip address. (I have tried this proxied and DNS only) The token is built zone-zone-read and zone-DNS-edit. I created two let-encrypt accounts, one for staging and one using v2. and added a cloudflare challenge plugin. Ordering Certificates runs without failure on both accounts.

Any help would be appreciated. I have searched beyond my understand at this point....tia

Actually, I gave up on the whole ACME plugin. I set up NPM to get my certs. It works and I can have valid certs for all of my virtual machines

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!