valheim client doesn't work

stereochoc

Aug 15, 2020
I just try to put a valheim server on a vm on my dedicated server running proxmox 6.3-3

from my computer at home i can connect to the server without problem, but my other friend can't connect to the server. One of my friend see the server suddenly and one hour after he didn't see anymore.

i try to create another vm with a vpn server on debian and i'm unable to connect to it.
Other vm with web server i can connect to the website and everyone too.
On windows vm i can connect with RDP.

It seem only web and rdp work correctly.

I check the firewall and it's on OFF. (server and VM)

Is there a way to check precisely the network to see the client request coming to the vm or not, and where it's refused so i can decrypt the problem ?

thanks for your help

AFAIU there are also connection from outside your network right? Is the port forwarding on the router set correctly?

If you can define a mirror port on your switch, you could connect a machine there and take a look at the traffic with tools like Wireshark for example.
You can also use that inside the VMs (or tcpdump) to take a look at the network traffic the VM sees.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!