Using different VLANS

guyd

Aug 19, 2024
Hi,
I'm using proxmox server for my smart home (Ubuntu for code testings, MQTT broker, and raspberrypi OS for displaying MQTT commands).
My network, TPLink's Omada, contains the following VLANS: Admin, IOT, PC, CAM.

1) Proxmox server is connected via LAN, and belongs to Admin VLAN, IP: 192.168.0.100
2) MQTT broker, is LXC, and defined as IOT VLAN, with static IP: 192.168.30.2, and works OK // shows that VLAN 30 can be defined from proxmox and switch without any additional changes.
3) When trying to define RaspberryPi OS, it fails.
3.1) I tried to relate this OS via proxmox VLAN as 30, yields in IP: 169.xxx.xxx
3.2) When tried relating "client" from Omada's switch as it belongs to IOT, and force its IP: 192.168.30.3, it yeilds 192.168.0.190 (as it belongs to Admin VLAN).

Section 2, demonstrates that it is possible.
How can I assign an IP from a different VLAN for a VM ?

Guy

Same question here, I have made the promox OS network interface VLAN aware and allowed all VLANS. However, every VM created so far on the cluster gets naturally the proxmox OS VLAN ID (60 in my case) and when I try to force a manual IP on a different VLAN, I loose connection to the VM.
* The corresponding switch ports (I'm using a bond of 2 x 1GB ports) have the native VLAN of the homelab/proxmox (60) but I have allowed all tagged VLAN (Unifi managed switch)
* Firewall rules allow traffic between and from both VLANs for now

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!