Users can't create vm or ct in Proxmox 8.x

edbarros

May 27, 2023
Hello all.

I upgraded my Proxmox install to version 8.x. I'm using the no-subscription repository and the latest proxmox version.

Now users cant go beyond the network step as they cant choose any bridge!

To test it i gave Administrator permission to a pve user in a pool but when creating a new vm or ct there is no options in the bridge field, on the network step.
Captura de ecrã de 2024-09-24 22-03-38.png
As the administrator (linux) user i can create vm and ct and correctly see the bridges in that step.
Captura de ecrã de 2024-09-24 22-05-28.png
Hope anyone can help me.
Thank you!

Check the Release notes for 8.0, especially regarding permissions/ACLs https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_8.0

You can now handle permissions to SDN zones and VNETs specifically. For all local vmbr interfaces you should see the default localnetwork zone.
Either hand out permissions for the full zone, or individual vmbr interfaces by selecting the localnetwork in the tree view, then the vmbr interface. After that you can set permissions in the right panel for that individual bridge/vswitch.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!