User Whitelist for Domains don't work

Aug 28, 2019
Hello,
we have use the "User Whitelist" for certain Domains like "*@example.com", but now it does not work.

In the description says: "With this feature, you can manually bypass spam checking for certain domains or E-mail addresses."

But now if we select some of our entries like "*@example.com", it is red mark and the descriptions says : " this field should be an e-mail address in the format "user@example.com" "

Is it a bug?

For us is this very helpful function, because some customer want whitelist some emails addresses for all emails addresses on they domain.

The User Black- and Whitelists, are tied to a specific user (=mailbox) - the entries of the List can be glob-patterns (*@xyz.com)
You cannot create a user-whitelist-entry for all addresses of a domain - Use the rule system with the whitelist as 'From' Object, and the Domain as 'To' object instead.

For me adding globs for an individual address (e.g. adding '*@baz.com' to the whitelist of 'foo@bar.com') works as expected

I hope this helps!

The User Black- and Whitelists, are tied to a specific user (=mailbox) - the entries of the List can be glob-patterns (*@xyz.com)
You cannot create a user-whitelist-entry for all addresses of a domain - Use the rule system with the whitelist as 'From' Object, and the Domain as 'To' object instead.

For me adding globs for an individual address (e.g. adding '*@baz.com' to the whitelist of 'foo@bar.com') works as expected

I hope this helps!
Thank you for you answer.

But recently it still worked. How can I delete the old entries?

domains.png

it would be nice to have something like "Domains Whitelist/Blacklist " because otherwise I have to create one rule for etch domain with White/Black List.

But recently it still worked. How can I delete the old entries?
Hm - which version did it work with?
(I'd try to reproduce the behavior - if it worked as expected we'll try to reintroduce this...)

Is creating one rule so much more work than one entry in the user lists?

Hm - which version did it work with?
(I'd try to reproduce the behavior - if it worked as expected we'll try to reintroduce this...)

Is creating one rule so much more work than one entry in the user lists?

I am not sure when it was OK. We don't make these changes that often. But at the end of the year 2020 it was definitely still good.

Hello
with the upgrade to 7.2 seems this option is again posible:

User_Whitelist_problem.png

But I make some tests and it looks like doesn't work. These whitelists rules are ignored.

Is there any new information about this option?

It would help us a lot.

But I make some tests and it looks like doesn't work. These whitelists rules are ignored.

Is there any new information about this option?
The one thing that did change recently is that the API and GUI allow for more characters in the local-part - to be able to work with internationalized local parts.

This does not change the workings - there is no 'wildcard' or 'regex' match for the e-mail address for which the user lists are checked

I hope this helps!

Reactions: MartinH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!