User Management with OS Re-install ?

P

pats

Hi,

I was looking for User Management (Control panel for VM Admins) in the lines of hypervm, solus etc.

Few things i was looking for are missing in Proxmox and few additional stuff i don't want is there.

This is how i created a User:
Datacenter -> Groups -> Create -> vm_user
Datacenter -> Users -> Add -> vmmerc , Realm: pve , Group: vm_user, Enabled: yes
Datacenter -> Permissions -> Add
Path: /vms/100
Group: vmmerc@pve
Role:pVEVMUser
Propagate: yes

Now i login with the user 'vmmerc'

- There's Backup Now option, not sure it'll backup to where? And how do i disable the 'Backup Now' option?
- How user can change the Template? (OS Re-install)

Now few things, i definitely wont like to see...
Datacenter -> Search showing Node Disk usage/Memory usage/ CPU usage etc. ??

A vm user should not be seeing the details on clicking Datacenter on the left side.

Can any of these things can be fixed through commandline?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
- There's Backup Now option, not sure it'll backup to where? And how do i disable the 'Backup Now' option?

PVEVMUser role has VM.Backup privilege. But user allso needs access to a storage (else he cant backup).

- How user can change the Template? (OS Re-install)

not implemented.

What about the Datacenter View where VMUser can see 'Node Disk usage/Memory usage/ CPU usage etc.' ?
Why letting VMUser see the server resources?
How to Block this??

How user can change the Template? (OS Re-install)

not implemented.

Any idea/ Roadmap to implement this feature?

I'll second the motion to further restrict what a PVEVMuser can see - I'd like the users to be able to open the console, start, shutdown, stop, reset but I don't want them to see the list of nodes. Ideally each VM owner should see just his VMs in the left panel - no list of nodes. VM users shouldn't be able to know how many nodes there are or what their names are.

+1 please! :)

I'll second the motion to further restrict what a PVEVMuser can see - I'd like the users to be able to open the console, start, shutdown, stop, reset but I don't want them to see the list of nodes. Ideally each VM owner should see just his VMs in the left panel - no list of nodes. VM users shouldn't be able to know how many nodes there are or what their names are.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!