Use USB Drive as Backup Medium

fabianh11

Jul 11, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm stuck in a situation where I've been unable to make any progress myself for hours. I want to create backups on my Proxmox server. So far, no problem. The only problem is that it would be quite silly to save the one on the sleben SSd on which the server also runs. Aslo want the backups to an external storage medium in my case a USB stick. Unfortunately I can not make it with tutorials or online tutorials that I can select this USB stick under storage medium in the backup window.
Can someone help me and also explain what I need to do with storage media in general so that Proxmox can use them?
Best wishes
Fabi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!