[SOLVED] Use 3 node mesh network also for migration

Mar 1, 2018
Hi,

in my three node PVE6 cluster I have set up a full mesh network with 25G adapters to provide a low latency storage network (Method 2) for Ceph according to the Wiki Entry. Storage is working great.

Now, I wanted to use this network also as the migration network to leverage its speed. I have set set the migration option in datacenter.cfg accordingly. Now, when I try to migrate a VM, the system says: could not get migration ip: multiple IP address configured for network 'x.x.x.1/24'
It seems that the migration fails due to a preliminary test. Is there anything I could do make this working?

Markus

Last edited:
The test fails because in the meshed configuration it finds two interfaces with the same IP address / network.

You can open a new bug report [0] but on the other hand I don't think it is a good idea to have the migration network on the same physical link as your Ceph network. This calls for troubles when the migration starts to utilize the full bandwidth.

[0]: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/

Good :)
Can you please mark this thread as solved?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!