Usb keys (again) with same vendor and id

Port 5 is used 2 times at same level, that is not relly possible.

Code:
  |__ Port 5: Dev 4, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M     
  |__ Port 5: Dev 4, If 1, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M

OK, seems the forum formats the output of 'lsbusb -t' in a wrong way. Please can you try to post it correctly formated - or provide a screenshot instead?

Sure, here it is. I don't understand deeply the lsusb -t output, so my difficult:

lsusb-proxmox.JPG

Sigh, something is very confusing here. Maybe you unplug/replug your usb devices during testing? I just ask because usb device numbers would change each time you do that.

Sigh, something is very confusing here. Maybe you unplug/replug your usb devices during testing? I just ask because usb device numbers would change each time you do that.

Yes, sorry you are right. To the attempt to understand which bus/port the key is using now I unplugged the second one and the first one and replugged the last one on the first usb slot. But I cannot understand the bus-port.addr ! When I disconnect it seems it is using 4-3.5 at least from dmesg output. When I put it again it is 4-3.6 so aaaargh :( I did not understand anything ! Sure if I use the other syntax with vendor_ID the key is recognized but not the second one of course :(.

Thanks

The 'Dev' numbers change every time you plug/unplug a device, and the output from dmesg is BUS-DEV.

The qm tool use BUS-PORTTREE address style. Each port has a unique number which does not change. You can arrange usb devices as tree, so those port numbers forms a natural tree. So '4-1' is the usb root hub, and '4-1.3' is the device plugged into port 3 of that hub. Got it?

The qm tool use BUS-PORTTREE address style. Each port has a unique number which does not change. You can arrange usb devices as tree, so those port numbers forms a natural tree. So '4-1' is the usb root hub, and '4-1.3' is the device plugged into port 3 of that hub. Got it?

Yes, finally I understood. I unplugged, had a lsusb -t then plugged again so 4-1.3 seems to be the key. But it did not work, yet :(. Here is the two output, maybe I'm confusing again so just to clarify a bit for me:

lsusb -t output with no key
Code:
lsusb -t/:  Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/4p, 12M
/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/5p, 12M
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/5p, 12M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/4p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/5p, 480M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/5p, 480M

lsusb -t output with 1 usb key
Code:
/:  Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/4p, 12M/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/5p, 12M
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci_hcd/5p, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 7, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/4p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/5p, 480M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/5p, 480M

and here is the new 100.conf file:
Code:
cat /etc/pve/nodes/proxmox/qemu-server/100.conf
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 1
ide0: local:100/vm-100-disk-1.raw
ide2: local:iso/windowsxp.iso,media=cdrom
memory: 512
name: Windows_XP
net0: rtl8139=6E:26:4F:85:1D:BB,bridge=vmbr0
ostype: wxp
sockets: 1
usb0: host=4-1.3

Well here is info usbhost output:
Code:
info usbhost 
 Bus 4, Addr 7, Port 3, Speed 1.5 Mb/s
    Class 00: USB device 6666:7b3c, ExseKey USB
  Bus 4, Addr 4, Port 5, Speed 1.5 Mb/s
    Class 00: USB device 04a5:7008, USB Multimedia Keyboard
  Auto filters:
    Bus 4, Addr *, Port 1.3, ID *:*

It seems it is here but Windows XP refuse to see it :(, so the software cannot recognize it !

Thank you very much !

Well here is info usbhost output:
Code:
info usbhost 
 Bus 4, Addr 7, Port 3, Speed 1.5 Mb/s
  Auto filters:
    Bus 4, Addr *, Port 1.3, ID *:*

Well, I'm trying now to start again. I deleted from 100.conf usb0, stopped and started again the vm to have a clean environment. 100.conf is cleaned but qm monitor gives me this output:
Code:
qm> info usbhost  Bus 4, Addr 7, Port 3, Speed 1.5 Mb/s

Still confused ! qm monitoring would not have to reflex 100.conf ? It seems there is not anymore Auto filters from qm monitor with 4-1.3 so my doubt now is that something was wrong. And it is still there the device ExseKey USB.

Any suggests how I can delete completely the exsekey to start again from scratch ?

Thanks

p.s. the usb key is stil physically into the usb port

Make sure you really stop the VM.

Shutdown of Windows XP and start it again from web proxmox interface is not enough ? Have I stop (hard) the windows machine ? I checked it was off :O. Better to use qm commands from proxmox shell ?

Thank you

Shutdown of Windows XP and start it again ...

Well, I did a new injection into vm100 with vendor_id. so qm set 100 -usb0 host=6666:7b3c is working well and qm monitor output is this one:

Code:
 info usbhost  Bus 4, Addr 7, Port 3, Speed 1.5 Mb/s
  Auto filters:
    Bus *, Addr *, Port *, ID 6666:7b3c

AFAIK, Auto Filters is the row that is going to work in windows xp. Now, Windows XP is able to recognize the key :confused:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!