Upgrading from V1.8 to V2.1

kzieres61

Jun 25, 2011
Hey guys, Been reading around and I found ppl having many problems with updating to the Proxmox, so I just figured that we would wipe out our current Proxmox and start from scratch, we only have 3 VM. her's my Question that I can't find anywhere.

I want to backup our Webserver which is in VMDK format. We have no other storage device available through proxmox. I mainly want to Download the VMDK Information to another computer, Fresh install Proxmox 2.1, then Move the image back to the new Proxmox. Can this be done? and how do i do it? Thanks guys!

Edit: Found the Images using WinSCP. /var/lib/vm/images and found my VM number folder (103) and successfully backed it up to my local drive. And on my other test system I was able to replace the existing VMDK with the one backed up and it successfully booted!
If anybody needs more detail reply to this post and I'll give more details

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!