[SOLVED] upgraded to 7.4 - Nodes/stoarege/vm/lxc all unknown status

Just2Bad

Feb 24, 2023
Hello, don't know if it's a coincidencebut under 1h after I upgraded from 7.3 to 7.4 all my nodes, now all nodes/storage/vm are unknown status.

if I restart pvestatd,pveproxy,pvedaemon host come online but not storage/vm/etc... and after 5-10min goest back to unknow.
rebooted many times all hosts same thing.

Also by ceph is showinf many warnings
- reduced data availablity: 24 pgs inactive
- 34 slow ops........

1679879074070.png
1679879106531.png
1679879050660.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Can I take it that the problem still exists? where you edited your post thread and set it as [SOLVED] if yes, it will be great to share your solution to help other people who have the same issue. Otherwise, can you share the output of `pvesm status` command and check the Syslog to look for error interesting messages?

What's weird is many restart of all host didn't fix the issue but all I did on the active ceph manager node is

systemctl restart ceph.target

and the all PGs started to activate and peer again and all the unknown status went away.

I didn't tried to restart the hosts yet cause I didn't want to mess with that again before going to bed :) but I'll try to reboot everything one by one later today to see if it will do it again

Reactions: Moayad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!