Upgrade to v. 7

Matus

Mar 31, 2017
Hi,
I have cluster with 3 nods. Is it possible and safe to upgrade 1. node to v. 7 and migrate to it containers from nodes v. 6.x ?
And then do it for other nodes?
Or I have to do backups and restores after upgrade?

Hi,
I have cluster with 3 nods. Is it possible and safe to upgrade 1. node to v. 7 and migrate to it containers from nodes v. 6.x ?
And then do it for other nodes?
Yes, this is the recommended way, to upgrade the nodes one by one. After node A successfully upgraded to PVE 7 latest version, you have to reboot it then migrate the VMs/CTs to it, and do the same steps on node B, etc…

Or I have to do backups and restores after upgrade?
And yes, we recommend having a valid backup for VMs, and PVE configs as well.

I assumed that you will upgrade all cluster nodes.

It means, that it is possible to have mix of v6 and v.7 nodes in one cluster.

Yes it's possible, but it's not recommended to mix of PVE version on a cluster, specially if the Cluster manages HA

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!