[SOLVED] update-initramfs -u

helio

Nov 17, 2022
Hi,
My proxmox node is running for sametime.
Today after same changes i try to execute "update-initramfs -u"
but getting this error.

root@proxmoxlandet:~# update-initramfs -u
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.8.12-1-pve
Running hook script 'zz-proxmox-boot'..
Re-executing '/etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-proxmox-boot' in new private mount namespace..
No /etc/kernel/proxmox-boot-uuids found, skipping ESP sync.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks

Hello there!

This is not an error per se, but just a notice that you do not use the proxmox-boot-tool, which just means that you are probably not using ZFS on your root directory (that is, you haven't chosen ZFS as a root filesystem when installing Proxmox VE). It could also mean, that you've installed before PVE v6.4 with ZFS and still using the legacy BIOS boot, where you can switch to the proxmox-boot-tool with the guide at [1]. You won't need this if you have set up your installation to boot through UEFI.

Cheers,
Daniel

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/ZFS:_Switch_Legacy-Boot_to_Proxmox_Boot_Tool

Hello there!

This is not an error per se, but just a notice that you do not use the proxmox-boot-tool, which just means that you are probably not using ZFS on your root directory (that is, you haven't chosen ZFS as a root filesystem when installing Proxmox VE). It could also mean, that you've installed before PVE v6.4 with ZFS and still using the legacy BIOS boot, where you can switch to the proxmox-boot-tool with the guide at [1]. You won't need this if you have set up your installation to boot through UEFI.

Cheers,
Daniel

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/ZFS:_Switch_Legacy-Boot_to_Proxmox_Boot_Tool
Thanks Daniel,
Initially I have zfs and originaly PVE 6.1 but very high memory usage change to ext4.
I solved the problem using proxmox-boot-tool init /dev/nvme0n1p2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!