update-initramfs : No /etc/kernel/pve-efiboot-uuids found

mastaojo

Jan 15, 2023
Whenever i try to run update-initramfs I get "No /etc/kernel/pve-efiboot-uuids found". How do i get back uuids

I may be annoyed now but after spending days googleing with no working solution, im just going to wipe the Proxmox Install. In the 5+ years trying to learn linux a forum has never ever helped fixed a linux issue, EVER, don't know why i even bothered

I may be annoyed now but after spending days googleing with no working solution, im just going to wipe the Proxmox Install. In the 5+ years trying to learn linux a forum has never ever helped fixed a linux issue, EVER, don't know why i even bothered
I know the feeling as most of my questions also quickly move out of sight and never get answers.
Whenever i try to run update-initramfs I get "No /etc/kernel/pve-efiboot-uuids found". How do i get back uuids
Are you sure it is an error and not just informational? Is there something not working?
My Proxmox setup uses systemd-boot and ESP partitions, so I have that file but it might not be necessary for GRUB.
I think that file contains the ESP partition UUIDs added using proxmox-boot-tool. I think you can add them with that tool.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Guys this might help you. It worked for me.

:~# nano /etc/default/grub

intel_iommu=on and iommu=pt – in the end of the line

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on and iommu=pt"

: ~# update-grub

To check if IOMMU is enabled:

:~# dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU

To find you graphic card use the following line:

:~# lspci | grep VGA

You should get:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

To black list the driver from host use:
:~# echo "options vfio-pci ids=8086:3e92 disable_vga=1"> /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf

Then to update modules:

:~# update-initramfs -u -k all

If it won’t work because there is no link to ESP partition then:

:~# proxmox-boot-tool status

To check which partition is /boot with vfat format:

:~# lsblk -o +FSTYPE

To initialize ESP sync first unmount boot partition:

:~# umount /boot/efi

Then link the vfat partiton with proxmox-boot-tool:

:~# proxmox-boot-tool init /dev/XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the name of vfat partiton from lsblk +FSYSTEM

Then:

:~# mount -a

Then to update modules:

Reboot

Guys this might help you. It worked for me.

:~# nano /etc/default/grub

intel_iommu=on and iommu=pt – in the end of the line

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on and iommu=pt"

: ~# update-grub

To check if IOMMU is enabled:

:~# dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU

To find you graphic card use the following line:

:~# lspci | grep VGA

You should get:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

To black list the driver from host use:
:~# echo "options vfio-pci ids=8086:3e92 disable_vga=1"> /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf

Then to update modules:

If it won’t work because there is no link to ESP partition then:

:~# proxmox-boot-tool status

To check which partition is /boot with vfat format:

:~# lsblk -o +FSTYPE

To initialize ESP sync first unmount boot partition:

:~# umount /boot/efi

Then link the vfat partiton with proxmox-boot-tool:

:~# proxmox-boot-tool init /dev/XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the name of vfat partiton from lsblk +FSYSTEM

Then:

:~# mount -a

Then to update modules:

Reboot
ok is good,thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!