Unexpectedly Shuts Down – Need Assistance

Medisur

Sep 13, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with my Proxmox setup where a specific VM (ID 701) unexpectedly shuts down. I've attached the log from around the time the VM shuts down, and it seems to be related to networking and VM state transitions.

Here’s a summary of what I’ve observed:

• The VM starts normally at 09:44:13, and the status shows as "Started 701.scope" shortly after.
  • The logs indicate network interface issues and state transitions: ports entering and leaving the disabled and forwarding states.
  • The VM fails to respond to guest-ping commands, which eventually results in a timeout and appears to be the trigger for the shutdown.

Here are the relevant excerpts from the log:

• Code:
    Sep 12 09:44:13 mds-srv-pve02 pvedaemon[11402]: <root@pam> starting task UPID:mds-srv-pve02:000031DC:052F7CA3:66E2E21C:qmstart:701:root@pam:Sep 12 09:44:24 mds-srv-pve02 systemd[1]: Started 701.scope.
    Sep 12 09:44:29 mds-srv-pve02 pvedaemon[11402]: VM 701 qmp command failed - VM 701 qmp command 'guest-ping' failed - got timeout
    Sep 12 09:45:00 mds-srv-pve02 systemd[1]: Starting Proxmox VE replication runner...
    Sep 12 09:45:09 mds-srv-pve02 pvedaemon[11118]: VM 701 qmp command failed - VM 701 qmp command 'guest-ping' failed - got timeout

• I’ve noticed these recurring issues:

guest-ping commands timing out.
    Network interfaces transitioning states rapidly, including entering and leaving promiscuous mode.
    What I’ve tried so far:

Checking VM network configuration.
    Ensuring Proxmox and all related services are up-to-date.
    Restarting the Proxmox node and the VM.
    Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has encountered similar issues or can point me in the right direction, it would be very helpful.

I’m attaching the log in a .txt file from a few minutes before the VM shut down and after I manually started it.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Attachments

• Log.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!