Unable to start all LXC after reboot

my guess is that's a leftover from a previous boot (the subvol-dirs got created - thus the subvols cannot be mounted)

after reboot (without any containers starting):
* check whether the pool SSD is imported (does it show up in the `zpool status` yes
* if yes - is /SSD mounted (`zfs get all SSD |grep mount`) yes
** if yes - are any of the subvols mounted (`zfs get all SSD/subvol-102-disk-1 |grep mount`) yes
** if yes - is there any content inside? no
* if no - are there any (empty) directories in /SSD? all the subvols are empty directories
** if yes - `rmdir` them and reboot do you mean reboot in this "failed" state without mounting the subvols first?

I hope this helps!
Please clarify the last set of instructions according to my bolded response

This sounds odd - the subvols being mounted and not having any content, and after mounting them they have content?

please post (after a reboot):
Code:
zfs get all SSD |grep mount
zfs get all SSD/subvol-102-disk-1 |grep mount
ls -la /SSD/subvol-102-disk-1

This sounds odd - the subvols being mounted and not having any content, and after mounting them they have content?

please post (after a reboot):
Code:
zfs get all SSD |grep mount
zfs get all SSD/subvol-102-disk-1 |grep mount
ls -la /SSD/subvol-102-disk-1
Is this safe? Is there any chance I lose the subvols by deleting the empty directories while they are mounted?

Please post the output of the commands from my last post - there were no deletions there.

Else - in all cases - make sure you have a working backup (just to be on the safe side )

I've finally got the opportunity to reboot the machine and I still cannot get it to work.

Some new information though, I created some VMs that don't share a mountpoint and those have no problems being started and their root volumes do not need to be mounted via zfs after reboot.

Seems like the issue is related to the mountpoint.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!