[SOLVED] Unable to ping anything

noob12345

Jan 28, 2024
Hi I've just started my home lab and this is my first time attempting to install and configure proxmox.
I assigned a static IP address outside of the dhcp range, and made sure no other device is using the same ip

Attached below is my network configuration file and the results from ip link show.
Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. ping

Attachments

• IMG_0744-min.jpeg
    IMG_0744-min.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0743-min.jpeg
    IMG_0743-min.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 16
  • ping.jpg
    ping.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 16
is your ip of your net 192.168.1.1/16, the router/gateway 192.168.0.1 and the dns-server (?) set correct?

Has your router - default gateway - knowledge of the backroute to host 192.168.1.1 and the local net 192.168.0.0/16 ?

Please show your router config und the route net-config.
I expect the local net 192.168.0.0/24 on your router.

Hi,

enp1s0 shows the NO-CARRIER flag, which means it has no physical cable connection to another device.
Is the ethernet cable between your machine and the router properly plugged in? Have you tried another cable or testing the cable in some other way?

Hi,

enp1s0 shows the NO-CARRIER flag, which means it has no physical cable connection to another device.
Is the ethernet cable between your machine and the router properly plugged in? Have you tried another cable or testing the cable in some other way?
Thank you, this was the issue.

Great!

Please just mark the thread as SOLVED by editing the first post (there should be a dropdown near the title), so that others with the same problem can find it more easily in the future! :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!