Unable to migrate to dependency based boot sequencing on Proxmox 2.1 host

pgolik

Nov 2, 2010
I have a Proxmox 2.1 (pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a) host, which was upgraded from a 1.9 installation. Afterwards it's been running and upgrading fine, until recently when after I ran 'aptitude update && aptitude safe-upgrade' I got:
Code:
Setting up sysv-rc (2.88dsf-13.1+squeeze1) ...
info: Checking if it is safe to convert to dependency based boot.

error: Unable to migrate to dependency based boot sequencing.
error: Problems detected: package pve-manager left obsolete init.d script behind, package pve-manager left obsolete init.d script behind, 
insserv: warning: script 'dataeng' missing LSB tags and overrides,  insserv: warning: script 'instsvcdrv' missing LSB tags and overrides,  

See http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot for
more information about dependency based boot sequencing. To
reattempt the migration process run 'dpkg-reconfigure sysv-rc'.

Following the advice on wiki.debian.org I did
Code:
# dpkg-query -W -f='${Conffiles}\n' pve-manager | grep obsolete

/etc/init.d/pvetunnel ca67bfa2a61bbdfd832d4a8ce3f2bd2b obsolete
 /etc/init.d/pvemirror f9093a6a175cc2aed5ce6bc30a95ac1d obsolete
Does this mean that I need to remove these two files? Is it safe? What about the other warnings?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!