Unable to load VM& containers using scripts

Mikey6283

Jul 14, 2021
HI , i need help as to why i am unable to load VM & containers with bash Scripts thru console after i installed new drives.
I receive a window which i am unable to navigate on my MAC or Windows keyboard with putyy no joy. Please see the attachment .

Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 09.45.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 09.45.42.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 8
what script is that? it does not seem like something included in pve..

what script is that? it does not seem like something included in pve..
It was script to load Home Assistant . I had used it before no problem. Now solved I believe it had some thing to the ssd i loaded ISO & LVM . I deleted these and it worked fine loading onto local. I am struggling to understand when i create a VM or CT on to which disk/ drive they are loaded.

Thanks for reply

It was script to load Home Assistant . I had used it before no problem. Now solved I believe it had some thing to the ssd i loaded ISO & LVM . I deleted these and it worked fine loading onto local. I am struggling to understand when i create a VM or CT on to which disk/ drive they are loaded.

Thanks for reply
I have tried to install another script and the same has happened. you will see that i have installed a ssd "local _storage" in directory . I installed that as i only have 43gb lvmthin. I assume that if i deleted this disk, it would install on the lvmthin ? How can i increase LVM Thin for any future installation ?

I have tried to install another script and the same has happened. you will see that i have installed a ssd "local _storage" in directory . I installed that as i only have 43gb lvmthin. I assume that if i deleted this disk, it would install on the lvmthin ? How can i increase LVM Thin for any future installation ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 13.44.25.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 13.44.25.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 3
i do not really have a good idea on what the actual problem is, but i would ask the creator/maintainer of the script if it does not work

i do not really have a good idea on what the actual problem is, but i would ask the creator/maintainer of the script if it does not work
The scripts works if i remove the ssd local-storage as i removed it install using the script , the script used the local-lvm to install. My question which i have asked previously, how do i increase the local -lvm as i have a ssd 480 which i can use. Can you provide instruction on how to increase the local_lvm and local-thin so that i can create more vm/ct. I am sure that this would help.

Thanks in advance.

My question which i have asked previously, how do i increase the local -lvm as i have a ssd 480 which i can use. Can you provide instruction on how to increase the local_lvm and local-thin so that i can create more vm/ct. I am sure that this would help.
you do not need to increase one storage to create more vm, just use the other storage
for how to administrate lvm/lvmthin etc see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(LVM)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!