Unable to load access control list: Connection refused

Based on the error messages you've provided, it seems that there may be an issue with the connection to the Proxmox server. The "Connection refused" errors suggest that the client is unable to establish a connection to the Proxmox server. One possible solution is to restart the Proxmox cluster service, as indicated by the error message. However, it seems that the service restart has failed. To troubleshoot the issue further, you can use the "systemctl status pve-cluster.service" command as suggested by the error message. This command will display the current status of the pve-cluster service and any associated error messages. The "journalctl -xe" command can also be used to view system logs and any error messages related to the service. It's important to note that without more information about the specific Proxmox setup and any recent changes made, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. However, some common causes of connection issues in Proxmox include network configuration problems, firewall settings, and hardware failures. If restarting the Proxmox cluster service does not resolve the issue, you may need to consult Proxmox documentation or seek assistance from a knowledgeable system administrator. Additionally, it may be helpful to provide more details about the specific error messages and any recent changes made to the system, as this can aid in troubleshooting the issue.
no response to this

What do you expect? This thread is almost 3 years old with the last reply being over 1,5 years ago and both users also could solve the problem a long time ago...

Last edited:
Hey guys. °(oo)°

I am so glad that after hours of despair I can go to sleep in peace. Thank you so much that the mystery was still solved.:cool:
I almost cry with joy because I see my GUI again. :D

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!