Unable to access web GUI when configuring Proxmox with a public static IP

Queless

Nov 13, 2015
Hi,
I'm trying to setup proxmox with a public static IP that I bought from my ISP (different netmask/gateway as well), and I'm having trouble connecting with the web GUI. When I enter in the information for the static IP, I can ping other outside servers, and I can ping the server running proxmox via a computer on the same network, but I can't ping the server from outside the network. I also can't access the web GUI from within the same network.

When I enter in a local IP, with the same gateway and netmask that my other computer on the same network uses I don't have any issues connecting to the web GUI.

My end goal is to be able to connect to the web GUI over the internet, but I have no idea what my problem is as of now.

You need to describe your actual network layout.

How is your router configured? Are you Natting all your traffic through a router? If so, you might need to do a 1:1 NAT for that device

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!