Unable to access syncthing from container (proxmox)

Skyrider

May 11, 2020
So I have no issues running syncthing from the main proxmox host, that works just fine. But I’m having issues with it from accessing it when its running in a container. The config is set to use 0.0.0.0, and I’m using this post-up script

post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d proxmoxipaddress -p tcp --dport 8385 -j DNAT --to-destination containerip:8384

to forward 8385 host port to the port 8384 on the container. (even tried using 8385 as target/destination) but I keep getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. Syncthing is running just fine on the container

Jul 22 14:14:21 nginx syncthing[694]: [BDM6Z] INFO: GUI and API listening on [::]:8384 Jul 22 14:14:21 nginx syncthing[694]: [BDM6Z] INFO: Access the GUI via the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:8384/

So I’m curious as to what’s going on and maybe someone has an idea why it’s not working?

All the other post-up scripts (eg, port xx to port 22 on the container) (for ssh) works just fine.

(for the record, also tried using post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d proxmoxipaddress -p tcp --dport 8385 -j DNAT --to-destination containerip:8385 and altering the syncthing config to compensate for the change)

Help is appreciated!

Regards,
Skyrider

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!