[SOLVED] Unable to Access Proxmox Web Interface on Lenovo X3550 M5

Sh67

Aug 10, 2024
Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing the Proxmox web interface after installation. Here’s a brief overview of my setup:

• Hardware: Lenovo X3550 M5
  • Network Configuration:
    • I have two routers set up in bridge mode.
    • The main router uses DHCP, with the IP address: 192.168.1.1.
    • During the Proxmox installation, I assigned the following network settings:
      • IP address: 192.168.1.10/24
      • Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
      • DNS: 1.1.1.1
Despite this configuration, I'm unable to reach the Proxmox web interface.

Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Where are you trying to access the web-interface from?
If it is from a PC in the same network, so 192.168.1.X, the router usually does not even come into play yet (only once it needs to get to internet or be reachable from the internet.
How is the Server physically attached to the network? Is it connected to either of the two routers, or to a switch first?
Does it show the 192.168.1.10:8006 on the screen of the server?
Can you ping the 192.168.1.10 from your PC/Laptop/Device?
Can you log in on the screen of the server and ping 192.168.1.1?

Reactions: Sh67
Question: Where are you trying to access the web interface from?
Answer: I am trying to access from a computer connected to the router by cable using the 192.168.1.100 IP.

Question: If it is from a PC in the same network, so 192.168.1.X, the router usually does not even come into play yet (only once it needs to get to the internet or be reachable from the internet). How is the server physically attached to the network? Is it connected to either of the two routers, or to a switch first?
Answer: It is connected by cable to the router 192.168.1.1 by cable.

Question: Does it show the 192.168.1.10:8006 on the screen of the server?
Answer: Yes, it shows.

Question: Can you ping the 192.168.1.10 from your PC/Laptop/Device?
Answer: It says "Host unreachable."

Question: Can you log in on the screen of the server and ping 192.168.1.1?
Answer: Forgot to do this one, I plan to do that next and will update with the results.

I found the issue.

It turns out that the ports were somehow messed up, and the server wasn't properly communicating with the router. After fixing that, everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!