Unable to access Proxmox or LCXs through Cloudflare proxy

Prismo

Sep 12, 2024
I have recently installed Proxmox for the first time and am trying to set everything up but I have been unable to access anything through Cloudflare tunnels which is what I use to access my local network away (with the warp client) and to expose websites (with zero trust). More specifically when I try to SSH into the server or a container, it will connect but I will not be able to interact with it. Similarily, when I expose a website (such as Gitlab) through the tunnel, it is able to establish a connection but never actually loads.
In both cases I can see logs for the connections but no errors. I have attempted various settings on Cloudflare's side as well as reverse proxing the servers through NGINX with various settings to no avail.

Cloudflared is installed on another device on the local network. Proxmox is updated to its latest version. I am using both IPv4 and IPv6 both with DHCP.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Update: After much trial and error it seems that
Code:
ifreload -a
fixes the issue until the next reboot. What could be causing this change in behavior? Running the command right after boot (when nothing has changed?) fixes the issue.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!