Unable to Access Disk - can't activate LV/Failed to find logical volume

justarandomdude

Mar 4, 2024
Recently, one of the disks on my VMs had an issue. It was connected to a SAN via iSCSI. The data is apparently still on SAN, but it does not show in VM Disks in the GUI.

It is currently set as Unused in Hardware and when I try to attach it I get the following:
TASK ERROR: can't activate LV '/dev/SAN/vm-368-disk-0': Failed to find logical volume "SAN/vm-368-disk-0"

lsblk
sdc 8:32 0 6T 0 disk
└─mpatha 253:0 0 6T 0 mpath
└─SAN-vm--368--disk--0 253:14 0 2.9T 0 lvm
sdd 8:48 0 6T 0 disk
└─mpatha 253:0 0 6T 0 mpath
└─SAN-vm--368--disk--0 253:14 0 2.9T 0 lvm

I am totally unsure of what do to at this point. I would love some assistance if anyone has any advice.

You need to provide more data:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
pvesm status
pvesm list SAN
qm config 368
lvs (full output)
vgs, pvs (full output)
multipath -ll (full output)
lsblk (full output)
lsscsi (may need to be installed)

Please use text encoded in CODE tags, for long outputs you can use SPOLER tag, or attach files as text.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!