Ubuntu VM's console black screen?

ComfySofa

Feb 7, 2021
Hi there.

First and foremost many thanks to ProxMox Chris for the very prompt reply to my last post - cheers sir.! :)

Now ive got my 2 VM's up and running with fixed ip's - Ubuntu server both patched up to latest version. Initially i installed the gui as i still need that as im still learning...set up some accounts on there, rebooted and both consoles are now showing a black screen....the login screen is there...when i log in the screen goes black - i did also have this issue with an earlier ubuntu desktop installation as well....has anyone else seen this?

Thanks to anyone that has a stab at this...

Cheers

Andy

I'm having the same issue with Ubuntu Desktop (22.04
2). Just get a black screen the console window. Other VMs on my system work fine.

If I understood the problem correctly, I understood that the screen went black after the login screen. If you change the video card to SPICE, the problem is fixed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!