Ubuntu Server VM Memory Usage Reaches 90%, Becomes Unresponsive Until Restart

Pacho213

Sep 18, 2024
prox.PNGproxx.PNG
Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with one of my virtual machines (VM) running Ubuntu Server on Proxmox. The problem is that the memory usage of the VM consistently hits 90%, after which the VM becomes unresponsive and inaccessible.

If I restart the VM, it works normally again for a while, but eventually, the memory usage climbs back to the 90% mark and the same issue occurs. I’m not sure what’s causing the memory to spike like this, and I was wondering if anyone else has faced a similar problem or could offer some advice.

maybe the is an issues in my config?

Thanks in advance!

Check your Setup/ Disk on a single SSD on a separate Machine.

Check your Network setup, i see 2x vmbr0. Do you have only one Gateware and setup Nameserver DNS?

Do you have install qemu-guest-agent on that Server?

Witch filesystem run on the Ubuntu disk?
And witch filesystem has the Proxmox VE on the hypervisor.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!