Troubleshooting pve-zsync errors: no emails received via ssmtp

FuriousGeorge

Renowned Member
Sep 25, 2012
I'm trying to sync a few disks with a remote server, and while the initial sync seems to go fine, the job status always reports an error:

Code:
# pve-zsync list
SOURCE                   NAME                     STATE     LAST SYNC           TYPE  CON
rpool/data/vm-105-disk-2 rgir-daily-backup        syncing   2017-05-09_14:30:01 undef ssh
rpool/data/vm-105-disk-2 rgir-dr-zsync            error     2017-05-08_22:36:09 undef ssh

This is the case from two servers.

On the remote PM, I see that the storage is not full, and there is data on the disk, but the synching has stopped.

I understand that pve-zsync is just a wrapper for zfs send/receive and ssh, but it appears that it writes nothing to the logs or console on fail.

I'm going to try to recreate the job in a screen session and redirect stderr to a file, but that takes the better part of the day, and short of that I was hoping someone on the forums might have some pointers.

Thanks in advance!

Bump. I'd like to use this in production eventually. Any help, pointers, or suggestions are appreciated.

Hi,

normally if the postfix is set up proper you get a email with the error.
But you can also run it manually and get the error.
execute the command what is in the /etc/cron.d/pve-zsync

Hi,

normally if the postfix is set up proper you get a email with the error.
But you can also run it manually and get the error.
execute the command what is in the /etc/cron.d/pve-zsync

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. My server has no rDNS so I set up ssmpt instead of postfix. The sendmail command works. Google search results suggest this should not be a problem. However, the syncs still fail and no email reaches me.

Any help is appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!