LXCs
        InfluxDB
        Wazuh Server
        Wazuh Dashboards
        Wazux index 1
        Wazux index 2
        Wazux index 3
        Other LXCs (not important to thread)

I have a dataset on truenas that i share to Proxmox using SMB and mount it in FStab like below
Code:
# Mount CIFS share on demand with rwx permissions for use in LXCs (manually added)
//truenas.localdomain/pve_mount /mnt/pve/truenas_ssd/ cifs _netdev,x-systemd.automount,noatime,uid=100000,gid=110000,dir_mode=0770,file_mode=0770,username=username,password=password 0 0

In this dataset, i have the following structure
1729427331134.png

And i have config like below mapping these folders into relevant containers

Code:
mp0: /mnt/pve/truenas_ssd/network_logs/<directory as needed>,mp=/mnt/<directory as needed>

Recently, i deployed the Wazuh platform, and then about 2 days later influxDB broke, and so did Wazuh. some investigations led me to the error when attempting to look in the mounted directories
Code:
to many open files

So, i looked into this a little bit, and then rebooted Influx, and shutdown the Wazuh containers, as Influx is more important to me than Wazuh currently.

I would like some assistance on how i can diagnose this issue, and remediate it? I am also not sure what the actual issue is. But I have rebuilt my PVE from the ground up, as originally, i had all the shares mapped into the LXCs directly using "privileged" containers and using NFS for a direct mount. I decided to fix that security issue and move to SMB as it allowed authentication vs NFS. I plan to run up some other databases and things in future like postgress / MariaDB and who knows what else. So dont want to run into these issues for a production home server (so to speak)

Many thanks for your time.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!