[SOLVED] Timestamps in GUI node tasks log are incorrect

GarrettB

Jun 4, 2018
Background: I updated PVE last night and after reboot it hung with message about bios changed. I checked the bios and time was off. Corrected the time, but did not change the battery. Another reboot and it started okay.

Today there were numerous rrdcached errors. I followed threads regarding files in /var/lib/rrdcached and backed up and restarted rrdcached process.

Then I rebooted the node again and it restarted without issue, and no more errors in syslog.

System time is showing correct in terminal and Time setting in GUI is showing correct server time.

The GUI task log is off by a couple hours and even off by minutes. There is a line which says:
1607716539248.png

And it's pinned to the top, and end time is before start time. All showing tasks related to starting of VMs after reboot have incorrect timestamps.

Current time as I write is 14:55. Reboot was at 14:36 which preceded the Update Package Database task above. Syslog timestamps are correct.

What is causing this issue with timestamps in the GUI log?

Last edited:
Background: I updated PVE last night and after reboot it hung with message about bios changed. I checked the bios and time was off. Corrected the time, but did not change the battery. Another reboot and it started okay.
Did you sync the hardware clock (hwclock) with the time of the node? And is the timezone correct, timedatectl?

Both of those look good. The weird records being displayed have now made their way lower in the log window...so I guess it's not an issue anymore. Thanks for the response.

I have not the same problem i see different time in tasks logs and system time is correct. It shows logs from what is doing with September date.
Any help?

I have the same issue.

The timezone is set correct, timedatectl shows correct time but the log screen at the bottom of the screen shows incorrect time
1723121571629.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!