[SOLVED] Time drift in Windows 10

Loenix34

Jan 23, 2019
Hello,

My PVE server is using UTC and my windows 10 guest should be using Europe/Paris (GMT +1).
By setting timezone in windows guest to Europe/Paris, it was keeping the UTC time, this was causing an issue connecting to the guest with RDP (error: Bad request timestamp).
After having a big look on internet, it seems that windows consider the bios time as local time instead of UTC and proxmox is not providing the timezone of the time (probably expected).
So, if my pve server is not using Europe/Paris, Windows was unable to get the right time.

To fix it, I tried to do the official fix of Proxmox wiki => https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Guest_Time_drift
But it was a failure, this has no effect on time.

Finally, I tried to run the following reg file => gist.github.com/cubuspl42/ab9fa93f38cd6245884cb8adedfe76ca
This was a success, so I think this should be a good thing to add it to the wiki.

Now my rdp connection is ok.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

I tried your gist file, but id did not works as it.

I made this change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

this is the same change but as a DWORD

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!