Nuc 10 Thunderbolt Nic

camdyman

Jun 20, 2021
Hello,

I have recently moved away from ESXi and am really liking it. While testing my setup I setup, a Nuc 10 to use 10gbe with a QNAP QNA-T310G1S SFP+ connection, it ran great.
I had to go back to esxi to save VMs etc, and now I cannot replicate the 10gbe setup in Proxmox.
The GUI shows the nic as connected, but not active. I have made a bridge, assigned the 10gbe nic to it (ens1), it is set as active and I have made the mtu 9000 on both the nic and the bridge. The IP I have given the bridge is on the same subnet as the Nuc's built in 1gbe nic.

lsusb doesn't show the adapter. It is lit up and the lights are not flashing to show traffic (obviously).

What has this beginner done wrong?

Last edited:
Do you see the NIC if you run ip a? Which kernel are you using? If it is the 5.4 one you could try to install the newer 5.11 one which might have drivers for your NIC: apt install pve-kernel-5.11.

The IP I have given the bridge is on the same subnet as the Nuc's built in 1gbe nic.
That is usually not a good idea, as now there is no clear preferred interface for that network. Ideally, you would use a different subnet on that NIC.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!