The mail was returned, I don't know what caused this...

lloyd

Nov 18, 2022
This weekend , I put the PMG online, to my surprise, the mail send was failed:

1670761359502.png

It's confused, why it rejected by : not logged in ....
I didn't touch the mail server before PMG went online. In theory, sending mails should not related with PMG?
Is there anyone encountered such a case?

Thanks.

What is running on 172.16.7.13? - this machine refuses to accept mail without SMTPAUTH (I assume) - depending on your setup you need to adapt its configuration or change where PMG is put in the mail-chain.

https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#chapter_deployment
The 172.16.7.13 just the original mail server, it's not open-sourced. Before the PMG offical launched, we test a another open source mail server. During the test process,Everything is ok, but cut MGP to the original mail server, mail send was failed.

The 172.16.7.13 just the original mail server,
you need to check its logs, read its documentation and probably adapt its config - with the bounce message you sent the only thing that we can tell is that it might be needing smtp-auth ... but again - PMG is not meant to be used with smtp-auth

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!