Testing HA

dixie2000

May 16, 2023
Greetings,

I have a 2 node cluster with a Raspberry Pi serving as a QDevice. I have ZFS configured on a separate drives on each node. I have several VM and CT running on local storage at the moment. I have create a 'test' CT on the ZFS pool and setup replication and HA. All is working.

My question is, before moving all the VM and CT from local storage to the ZFS pool how can I test the HA process on this one CT without out powering off the node or pulling the network cable which would shut down all the other VM's and CT's. Is there a way to simulate a shutdown for this one CT to see if it will start on the second node?

Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

Your question makes perfect sense - I've looked in the past for such a solution but found none.
The only workaround would be to first migrate all other critical VMs & LXCs to the other node & then remove the network cable to test the remaining test LXC for HA.
Thats all I've got AFAIK.

@gfngfn256

Thanks for your reply. I guess since this is just my home Lab I could power everything off except my "text" CT and pull the network cable :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!