Temporary PVE network outage occurs when the virtual machine is turned on, turned off, and some network changes.

jack9603301

Jun 28, 2020
My pve version is 6.2-4, using ovs as a virtual switch, there are 4 bridges (vmbr1-vmbr4), which runs a virtual machine with ID 100 as an NFV router (operating system is vyos), vyos from vmbr1 ( Vlan is 1) to vmbr3 and vmbr1 (vlan is 2) to vmbr4 to establish a bridge link, exchange through vyos, vmbr2 is isolated, on vmbr1, created two pno interfaces, respectively pno1-pno2, there is a strange The problem is, I don't know when to start. Whenever I restart some virtual machines (such as windows server or vyos), the entire console network of the pve will stop and I can't enter the background. I know that after a while, the network can automatically recover.

I have 36 virtual machines created in my system, 12 of them are running.

I think I have a similar problem. Randomly Everything "freezes" and I can't ping any vms or containers and it only lasts a few seconds. One of my containers is my DNS server so it brings down pretty much everything for a few seconds.

This is really a strange problem. What's wrong with it? I hope the official staff can deal with it as a bug. To be honest, I don't know where to submit a bug report.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!