template contenair

Othmane

Sep 22, 2017
extracting archive '/var/lib/vz/template/cache/vzdump-lxc-101-2018_04_18-17_52_43.tar.gz'

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child died with signal 13
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
TASK ERROR: command 'tar xpf - -z --totals --one-file-system -p --sparse --numeric-owner --acls --xattrs '--xattrs-include=user.*' '--xattrs-include=security.capability' '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--warning=no-xattr-write' -C /var/lib/lxc/103/rootfs --skip-old-files --anchored --exclude './dev/*'' failed: exit code 2

I create a custom template and then save and convert the backup tar.gz but impossible to create the container ..

is the file really gzip'ed ?
can you post the output of:
Code:
file <your-backup-file>
?

Before when I proceed like that, it works well, but since a few updates everything has broken!

By renaming the file from my filezilla software I renamed to tar.gz
renaming a file is not converting, leave the extension like it is, then it should work

Why I want to create a lxc backup then convert to a template, because I want to customize the lxc template to enable SSH by default then edit the welcome file / etc / motd, then create a backup and convert to template, but you had me says to leave the default backup file and use it as template, but I can not create a container with a backup file.

you can restore the backup to another vmid and change the settings,
or you can move the template file to /var/lib/vz/template/cache

you can also directly backup to tar.gz when you choose 'gzip' instead of 'lzo'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!