TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

apriliars3

Jul 10, 2024
I have Proxmox 8.2.4 with Intel i3 2120

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 184855.png

I try to change my cpu with host or kvm64 but not works, allways start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

My VM configuration is default, I try with disks, without all hardware and can´t start, only show me "error start failed: QEMU exited with code 1"

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 184932.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 184958.png

How can I resolve this issue? Can I install old Proxmox version 7 or buy other cpu?

Thank you very much

You can double-click on the errors in the task list to get more information about what failed.

It would also be good to know what is the guest OS.

Now only can use

Code:
qm importdisk 201 /var/lib/vz/images/201/arc.img local-lvm

With this code I have task error

Code:
echo "args: -device 'nec-usb-xhci,id=usb-bus0,multifunction=on' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/201/arc.img ,media=disk,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-disk-bootloader' -device 'usb-storage,bus=usb-bus0.0,port=1,drive=drive-disk-bootloader,id=usb-disk-bootloader,bootindex=999,removable=on'" >> /etc/pve/qemu-server/201.conf

kvm: -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/201/arc.img ,media=disk,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-disk-bootloader: Could not open '/var/lib/vz/images/201/arc.img ': No such file or directory
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 235509.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 235548.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-07-10 235626.png

I do not understand what you are trying to do here. On the one hand you have imported a disk image to lvm-thin storage. The config file has sata0 being on an lvm-thin as well and yet you have added args to say there is a disk image in /var/lib/vz/images that is the same name as the image you imported. If the import was successful then you do not need that line.

Since the error is saying that /var/lib/vz/images/arc.img does not exist, maybe remove the args line from the config and try again.

I do not understand what you are trying to do here. On the one hand you have imported a disk image to lvm-thin storage. The config file has sata0 being on an lvm-thin as well and yet you have added args to say there is a disk image in /var/lib/vz/images that is the same name as the image you imported. If the import was successful then you do not need that line.

Since the error is saying that /var/lib/vz/images/arc.img does not exist, maybe remove the args line from the config and try again.

I want to use this code https://pastebin.com/a0d6kqWg

With this script, get the image as usb or media and don't count as disk. I've always used that code instead of qm importdisk so that the image isn't SATA and I can crash VM with the image as an IDE

https://youtu.be/5yu_gId1f4g?si=DR85vzN74prZcHby

I want to use arc.img like as cdrom not like sata, is it possible? I think so, but now I can this error, and only works with qm importdisk.

VM 201 use only the script, I haven´t import any disk with qm importdisk.

VM 200 use the script and qm importdisk, remove args line and works, but I don´t use this method, I can use the VM 201 with script img like cdrom or media.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!