systemd-udevd blocked on new system

apleschu

Jan 24, 2021
I installed a new supermicro system (2 x Ryzen AMD 16 core, 256GB Ram, 2x 10TB disk, 2x 500GB SSD) with the intention to create a new high performance system that we could could for our customer installs. The system installs fine but after the reboot we are getting the error:

task: systemd-udevd blocked for more than XXX seconds.

After that I can log in on the console and when looking around the first problem that comes to mind is that no IP addresses are bound, when trying to shutdown the system tells me that there is no watchdog running.

Of course I can start the network anually and when I do that I can log into the system and even start VM's but of course a system like that can never be shipped to a customer. I have looked up and down the all knowing internet and I can't get a clear answer what that could be, I tried different filesystem, every time the same I have installed the latest 6.3.1

Since I am very early in the process I can everything to this system, I am trying to get this is a useable state.

Any hints?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!