Switches as exit nodes?

cyruspy

Renowned Member
Jul 2, 2013
hi!, I'm planning to implement another PVE solution, this time a more capabilities on the SDN front.

I'm reading about the "exit on the host" option and I'm not clear about what does it mean for management vs workload traffic isolation.

Reading also than an external node is recommended for "exit" role I'm wondering if the exit nodes could be the switch stack that I'll be using to match the servers. What would be required on the switches besides "EVPN support"?

As a second usecase (more curiosity than actual need right now), would having switches and servers in the same EVPN/VXLAN mesh, would allow other physical clients of the physical network participate in the same VXLAN than a VM?

any thoughts @spirit?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!