Switch suggestions

einsibjani

Feb 5, 2020
I have a five node hyper-converged cluster running. For switches I have two Juniper EX4600 and two EX4100 switches in two virtual chassises. Each node has 2 x 1G to each EX4100 in LACP for corosync and 2 x 10G connections to each EX4600 for VM and Ceph traffic.

I'll be replacing the cluster soon and I want to know if there's a better way to configure networking. My problem is that virtual chassis hasn't really been all I thought it was. Juniper says you can use NSSU to upgrade each switch in a stack without losing service, but as I've found out, it's only allowed in *very* specific configurations, and even then most people say it never works.

As it is, I have no idea what would happen to the cluster if I upgraded the switch and restarted it, taking around 10 minutes for the switches to reboot...

Does anyone run their cluster with redundant switches and can give tips on a good configuration?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!