Strange lines of code

McDulle

Dec 13, 2020
Hi,

I couldn't acces the webgui, so I checked the host itself.
I've never see these lines, as a total beginner I don't have a clue where to start.
So I'll try here, please have a lot of patience.
The host is on standby after I tried to setup plex on ubuntu server.
As I didn't succeed I left the host running, later my children asked me to boot their minecraft server.
So I tried to login to the webgui with no succes, pinging from my pc is no problem.
Upon checking the host itself I got some cumbersome lines repeating continously, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running the latest proxmox version on a fujitsu TX200 s7, dual cpu, 50 Gb ram, nv300, raidcontroller d3116 with a mix of ssd hd and 2 sas hd.

Attachments

• 20210412_125547.jpg
    20210412_125547.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 25
hi,

you're getting I/O errors from your disk sda. this could be for a couple of reasons. some common things to check:

1. all cables are plugged properly
2. disk may be dying, check smartctl -a output

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I've rebooted the host and entered the LSI Raid DS3116 setup.
One of my raid 0 drives was in a bad condition.

Removed the drive, put it in my windows pc, did a format, and the drive Smart value indicate good condition...
I'm running a test now, but not sure what to do, reinstall everything and hope for the best?
The raid 0 consist of 3 sata3 SSD which I bought new for my host.
Should I RMA? Yet the test gives me no error nor the SMART.

I believe Smart value's aren't accesible due to the raidcontroller (accesible from prox at least)
Maybe my raid controller has a bad port it is number 2 so it is probably used more. (DS3116 has 8 sata 3 connections)
But I was able to run several VM's and configured others before the problem.
I have a backup of everything so no worries there.

Strange I've put it back in the host, and it reported again bad condition. Even after good smart and good test from win 7 crystaldisk and HDDscan.
I even replaced it to different slot on the raid with the same result.

The raid controller consists of 8 caddy's so no cable problems at least not if I switch to another bay.
I could try to update the firmware of the ds3116 of there is one available.

I'll post a smartct1 -a report as soon as I rebuild the host as it was lost due to the ssd brakedown.

Hi, again after a long time.

I'm still trying to figure out what the issue is with my ssd.
So I installed the ssd as boot drive in a spare setup. Installed ubunti ran a hd test and got his result:
SMART id: 195
Amount of ECC-on-the-fly-errors
289024 normal 100 limit 50 lowest 100 status: ok

In the meanwhile my second ssd failed on me. Resulting in 240811 hardware ecc repiars.
I've contacted the manufacterer, they opt me to update the firmware of my raidcontroller

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!