State VM (ha) after shutdown and restore

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if from the GUI after turning off a VM (from the menu with the right mouse button) configured in HA and finally having immediately performed a backup restore, at the end of the restore procedure this restarts or not taking into account that it was previously shut down manually from the proxmox interface and not with system shutdown. Thanks

Last edited:
if you manually shutdown/start a guest under ha, the requested state will be changed accordingly. i.e. if you manually shutdown a ha vm, the ha config is 'stopped' afterwards (and vice versa)

Reactions: frankz
if you manually shutdown/start a guest under ha, the requested state will be changed accordingly. i.e. if you manually shutdown a ha vm, the ha config is 'stopped' afterwards (and vice versa)
Thank you very much, I wrote this question as I was out of the office and I manually turn off the vm in ha it was not possible for me to log back in remotely because as you write you have to manually start it. However as soon as I got back I tried. Thanks so much for your reply / confirmation,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!