Stand Alone server showing 2 nodes

jcyrus

Oct 26, 2021
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I recently switched my hypervisor to Proxmox and I was very much liking it, however, when I logged on today I was greeted with 2 nodes with 1 greyed out. I can no long start my vm. When I try I get a tls_process_server_certificate: certificate verify failed (596) error. I have rebooted the server but everything remains the same. Here is a pic of what my console looks like. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1635268530964.png

Did you rename the host after you installed it, or something similar?

In that case, have a look at /etc/pve/nodes. There will be a directory for the old and new name. In the old one, you should find the config file for the VM in the qemu-server directory. If you move that to the qemu-server directory of the new node, it should show up where you expect it.
Then try to move the directory of the old node away (don't delete it just yet).

I have a similar situation because I renamed the hostname of my machine just before I remembered that this will cause some trouble with Proxmox VE.
So my old hostname was: PVE01
My new hostname: pve01 --> which I changed back to PVE01 now, but I still have the problems described from the jcyrus above.

ls /etc/pve/nodes
Code:
pve01
PVE01

ls /etc/pve/nodes/pve01
Code:
lxc/
openvz/
priv/
pve-ssl.key
pve-ssl.pem
qemu-server/
All those directories listed in /etc/pve/nodes/pve01 are empty.

ls /etc/pve/nodes/PVE01
Code:
config
lrm_status
lxc/
openvz/
priv/
pveproxy-ssl.key
pveproxy-ssl.pem
pve-ssl.key
pve-ssl.pem
qemu-server/
The directories listed in /etc/pve/nodes/PVE01 are empty except qemu-server/, where all the config-files for my vm's are stored.

How can I get to a working WebUI again? Since I renamed the hostname back to it's old state, can I just reboot and everything works again?

I could resolve the problem.

After I did a backup of /etc/pve/ and /var/lib/rrdcached, I changed the hostname to the old one I used before. Restarting the services pveproxy and pve-cluster didn't work. The services restarted successfully but I still had the same problem of two nodes showing up in the UI. After I rebooted the host everything was like before.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!