ssh authentication question

Hescominsoon

Nov 23, 2021
I am trying to replicate my truenas to the promox mirror zfs i ahve setup. it appears promox is not accepting ssh connections authenticated by an ssh keypair. Is this enabled by degault or something that needs to be configured?

SSH should be working by default. How are you trying to do the replication? I guess the TrueNAS GUI isn'T working for replication and you need to do a manual "zfs send | zfs recv" oder SSH. Also keep in mind that both PVE and TrueNAS should use the same OpenZFS version.

yeah i have it set to manual mode. If i ssh to the promox box from truenas it works fine..at least via password. it's the ssh key portion that's not working. I have a question on the truenas forums as well because the amount of barfage is quite extensive. Once i know that the output means i'll probably have a better idea. Where would the logs be in proxmox so i can see if it logged an error or anything?

All logs are in "/var/log".

You should also check your root users public keys ("/root/.ssh/authorized_keys") and the config file of the SSH server ("/etc/ssh/sshd_conf").

All logs are in "/var/log".

You should also check your root users public keys ("/root/.ssh/authorized_keys") and the config file of the SSH server ("/etc/ssh/sshd_conf").
thanks..I'll go poke around those areas and see what proxmox isnt liking..:)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!