[SOLVED] SSD drive not visible on installation Proxmox V8.2 on Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro

McFlyPartages

Sep 2, 2024
Bretagne
mcflypartages.fr
Hello everyone,

I've been consulting this forum anonymously for a while, but now I'm faced with two problems that I'll split into two messages.

The first problem concerns the installation of Proxmox V8 on an Optiplex 3050 micro with Bios 1.31 (latest version to date).

When installing Proxmox via UI, it doesn't find the SSD in Sata (not NVMe).

Searching the forum, I tried
* AHCI option instead of RAID (this is the option I'm using, but the disk is still invisible)
* Resetting the disk from another OS.
* Installed Debian 12 (which sees the disk) then Proxmox following the official tutorial, but no access to the https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8006 interface.

I really don't see what's stopping me.

If you have any clues, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Regarding the SSD not visible, can you tell us what Proxmox VE ISO version you tried exactly?

Regarding the access to the Proxmox VE Web UI, can you please provide us with the output of /etc/hosts and the network configuration `/etc/network/interfaces`.

Can you ping/ssh your Proxmox VE server?

Hey,
here are the errors :

```
[FAILED] Failed to start pve-cluster.service - The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem
[FAILED] Failed to start pve-firewall.service - Proxmox VE firewall
[FAILED] Failed to pvestatd.service - PVE Status Daemon
[FAILED] Failed to start pve-ha-crm.service - PVE Cluster HA Resource MAnager Daemon.
```

and here my `/etc/network/interfaces` have only ethernet port in DHCP.

THX

Last edited:
Can you please provide us with the syslog since last boot? you can generate the syslog since last boot using `journalctl -b > $(hostname)-syslog.txt` command.

Reactions: McFlyPartages
Can you please provide us with the syslog since last boot? you can generate the syslog since last boot using `journalctl -b > $(hostname)-syslog.txt` command.
Thanks for this reply. With your help, i resolved my probleme. It's etc/hosts file where i add proxmox pvelocalhost line

Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost

127.0.1.1  srv-hp-g3

192.168.10.54   proxmox pvelocalhost

However, I didn't manage to go through the Proxmox OS directly, but through Debian 12.

Very Thanks

Last edited:
Glad to hear that the issue is fixed by editing the /etc/hosts file!

Regarding the installation of the Proxmox VE, I would try other Proxmox VE ISO as well as re-check the BIOS/Firmware if up-to-date.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!