SSD/DISK not found during Proxmox install.

SODAYO

Aug 22, 2024
Hi all,

I tried installing Proxmox on my 'HP ProDesk 600 G6 SFF' alongside the video tutorial series made by 'Learn Linux TV'. But when I booted the usb drive and pressed enter to install proxmox the I got the error message of my ssd not being found. I looked at several proxmox and reddit threads. but nothing seemed to work for me so I'm making my own post at my wits end.

Kind regards,

Hi,

So I bootup my mini-pc and press F10 to enter my BIOS --> UEFI Drivers --> 3rd Party Option ROM Management --> wait for reboot --> Intel (enter). It's not displayed on there.

It's also not in the system information. I tried to perform a quick 'HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI test.
it prompts the following message "No hard drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly.

I have a 256gb m2 pci 3 ssd on my mini pc.

So try, unplug / plug, another disk.
This is a hw problem, not Proxmox VE.
I'll try but the thing is before I tried to trouble shoot the no ssd shown in proxmox install it used to show up in the uefi rom management settings. Don't know what could've gone wrong though I'll try another 1TB ssd that I have on my desktop and report back.

Kind regards,

I also applied factory default for my BIOS only turning of secureboot as it would show an error turning secureboot would allow me to open the proxmox/debian menu.

I did the 'HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI' storage test again and this time as in the beginning the component test passed. So I guess that's at least something.

So I bootup my mini-pc again and press F10 to enter my BIOS --> UEFI Drivers --> 3rd Party Option ROM Management --> wait for reboot --> Intel Rapid storage Technology --> "Non-RAID Physical Disks:" 238.4GB SSD shows up.

Unfortunately when I tried to install debian-12 again it wouldn't show my ssd, only my usb-drive was shown in the 'Partition disks' section of the install.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!