SR-IOV and IOMMU

spetrillo

Feb 15, 2024
Hello all,

I have enabled SR-IOV on two of four network ports. I am not seeing them listed in my IOMMU list, although I see them showing up in the Network dialog of my PVE server. Whats going on here? Anyone know? Do I need to enable it on all four ports?

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-09 212351.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-09 212351.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 1
if you wanna see anything different in your IOMMU Group, you need to enderstand that a real physical card ( don't care about number of ports) can only be saw in 1 IOMMu group.

Did you have activated this feature on the same physical adapter?

Another think:
if you want to passthrough the physical card, you need to destroy ALL entry of them in your network/interfaces list too. Destroy too " inet manual' entry.

Retry checking yours iommu segmentation after, you will don't have problem (i wish for ^^)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!