Spice

etu

Mar 14, 2024
Hello, I'm new to Proxmox. I've installed SPICE for my VMs, and it's working fine. However, I'd like to implement firewall rules. When I try to allow port 3128 in the datacenter firewall rules, it doesn't seem to work. Which other port do I need to allow in order to use SPICE?

Thanks in advance

It's strange that when I activate the firewall at the datacenter level (with only rules allowing ports 8006 and 22), I can still start my VM, but I lose access to the Proxmox console. Additionally, when I try to switch to SPICE, it doesn't work. Do I need to allow something else to regain access to the console and make SPICE work?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!