spice-agent stops after the restart windows

mernovg

Dec 9, 2022
Hi, i have a such a problem. I'm using windows server 2016 machine, and get the following: I've installed latest virtio-win drivers and qemu-agents. And now my zabbix reports me the following:
1670610747672.png
The service is in stopped state. And when i reload it, it does ok for 0.3-1 min. After that, its getting stopped again. Windows journals, have no information or errors on it.
Any idea how can i fix it out ?

Reactions: GTA_doum
Hi, i have a such a problem. I'm using windows server 2016 machine, and get the following: I've installed latest virtio-win drivers and qemu-agents. And now my zabbix reports me the following:
View attachment 44313
The service is in stopped state. And when i reload it, it does ok for 0.3-1 min. After that, its getting stopped again. Windows journals, have no information or errors on it.
Any idea how can i fix it out ?
Could anyone please confirm if this is normal behavior?

Edit: looks like this is normal behavior.

Found this guide: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/SPICE#Start_your_SPICE_session

Once I enabled Spice on the VM the service runs fine. I guess if you're not using Spice it stops running.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!