Spamassassin KAM module - Adjust score

Aug 28, 2019
Hi,
I try to adjust score for KAM module in custom.cf (/etc/mail/spamassassin/custom.cf), but it does not work.

Example:
cat /etc/mail/spamassassin/custom.cf

# Sending domain does not have any anti-forgery methods
# Default 1
score KAM_LAZY_DOMAIN_SECURITY 0.6

If I change the score direct in KAM.cf file, then it is working

Is it a bug in PMG?

the issue here is most likely:
* /etc/mail/spamassassin/custom.cf gets read and included before /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
* /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf is the file that includes KAM.cf (and thus the original definition of the score of that rule)

You could use the following to work around the issue :
* copy and adapt the template for local.cf: /var/lib/pmg/templates/local.cf.in (see the reference documenation: https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_service_configuration_templates)
* enter your modified score there (after the loading of KAM.cf)
* restart pmg-smtp-filter

The downside is that you need to keep track of potential changes from the packaged version shipped in /var/lib/pmg/templates/local.cf.in

I hope this helps!

Reactions: MartinH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!